Position: Senior Graphic Designer - Digital Marketing
Classification: Full-time preferred, Part-time negotiable
Location: Fully Remote US-based (work from anywhere but you must have access to reliable internet and a quiet workspace for video calls).
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
About the Position
The Senior Graphic Designer is a key role in the consistent fulfillment of all digital projects for marketing campaigns and websites.
As Senior Graphic Designer, you will plan and execute day-to-day design tasks including website graphics, email graphics, landing page designs, social media ads, digital PDFs/guides, and other digital designs as needed. You will be responsible for creating and presenting effective design strategies to both team members and clients.
You will also be involved in producing marketing-based websites & user interfaces. This requires understanding best practices for marketing sites including but not limited to web typography, principles of hierarchy/consistency/whitespace/etc., use of color to command attention, and practical/effective website conventions.
In addition to design execution, you will coordinate with design contractors to review and critique design projects and ensure proper coherence with brand standards and alignment with marketing strategies.
While designing with aesthetics in mind is important, the highest priority for this position is using design to achieve measurable marketing results. This includes understanding users and how they will interact with the design, focusing on conversion best practices, and prioritizing results over personal preferences.
This is a full-time, salary position with flexible PTO and support for lifelong learning. We are a fully-remote team which means no commute or cubicles (and lots of video chat and emoji).
Although your day-to-day will involve working closely with our small team, you need to be the kind of person that enjoys working from home and managing their own time productively.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing effective design solutions for a wide variety of digital formats, including (but not limited to): web graphics, email graphics, landing pages, social media ads, responsive interactive assets, digital publications (brochures/PDFs), web graphics, and other interactive elements
- Establish design direction and create mockups for marketing-based websites
- Occasionally create branding elements including logos, collateral, presentation design (Keynote/PowerPoint), and basic brand guides
- Participate in design ideation sessions and discussions with clients
- Review websites for quality and design consistency
- Provide website assets for developers
- Make proactive design suggestions that support broader strategic/marketing initiatives
- Photo selection and basic photo editing for website projects
- Assist with creative strategy and planning creative marketing briefs
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members throughout projects
- Maintain knowledge of current marketing trends and digital design best practices
- Other duties as assigned
You are pro-proactive. You do NOT thrive on being micromanaged and you love to be given the freedom to excel in your job without being given every step to get there. You want to find ways to make your job better without needing constant oversight.
You love supporting others. Knowing that you’ve set someone else up for success gives you enormous satisfaction. You connect with team members on a personal level, while working together to get the work at hand completed.
You’re big on follow-through. When you commit to a deadline, it happens. You take pride in delivering on all your promises and exceeding expectations on all projects and promises.
You care about results over awards or personal recognition. You understand that effective design can make a powerful difference in communicating a message. You aim to prioritize the user and take pride in knowing that achieving client goals matter is the ultimate compliment.
You want to go deeper in your digital marketing design knowledge and experience. You are hungry for more opportunities to implement marketing design strategies and track what works and what doesn’t.
You thrive on constructive feedback. You work well in a collaborative environment and know that the goal is not to be right but rather to achieve the collective outcome.
You are open, direct, and straightforward. You believe that honesty, awareness, and ownership are the direct routes to problem-solving.
You’d rather not play the “blame game,” but instead just correct the issue and keep moving. You are a solution-based thinker who investigates why things went wrong with the goal of improving the process. You believe that a process problem lies at the root of most apparent people problems. Your positive attitude helps keep morale high and the team moving forward.
You’re a lifelong learner. You enjoy growing and seek out ways to hone your craft through books, podcasts, training, and good ol’ Google searches.
Louder Agency is a digital marketing and web agency dedicated to helping purposeful brands make a positive impact on the world.
We are a fully remote company based in Louisville, KY with team members across the country. While we work with a variety of industries, we focus on serving ministries, live events, and other purposeful brands. We believe in leveraging technology to facilitate meaningful human-to-human interactions.
We believe in being intentional—always seeking the why, choosing the best option, and doing the right thing even when it’s not easy. We care about what we do.
We are committed to always improving—always learning, growing, and never settling for the way things are today. We expect progress, not perfection.
We put people first. We strive to build relationships, be human, show empathy, and respect others. We keep priorities in mind, graciously taking care of ourselves and each other as we work together.
We set clear expectations. We communicate often and honestly. We do what we say and strive to exceed expectations.
We strive to live up to these ideals, creating a healthy environment where individuals and the team as a whole can do great work with great people.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in digital design
- A strong and diverse design portfolio
- A strong understanding of digital marketing best practices (ad design, landing page design, email design, etc.)
- Experience designing ads for paid social marketing (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Adobe CC tools; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in both print and digital output.
- Proficient in at least one UX/UI tool (Figma is preferable)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- A desire to learn more about modern website and digital marketing best-practices
- The ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is essential. Candidates who know their way around WordPress, Teamwork, Slack, Active Campaign, and Apple devices will have a head start.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Experience in UX/UI design, and/or research
- Knowledgeable in animation & motion graphics
- Experience designing for ministry or non-profit organizations
- Cover Letter
- PDF of your resume
- A link to your portfolio of digital designs
- A quick video explaining why you would be a good fit for this position